I've always been a big fan of the round dining table. I enjoy hosting small, intimate gatherings, and I love that everyone is seated equally around the table. There's one conversation, and everyone is a part of it. In tight corners, a round dining table can bet a great space saver. A 48" round dining table is a nice, compact size that will seat 4-6 people. If space is very limited, you can fit 2-4 people around a 30" table. A pedestal base will free up even more space for the chairs around the table. There are so many great options in wood, stone, glass, and metal. Here are just a few that caught my eye. Keep reading for more details, and to see some inspiration images for how to incorporate a round dining table into your space:
1. Addison Round Dining Table - West Elm, $1699
2. Right Round 42" Marble Dining Table - Blu-Dot, $1699
3. Brace Dining Table - CB2, $399
4. Cross Round Table in Walnut - Design Within Reach, $4875
5. Saarinen Round Table - Room & Board, $2199
6. Thos Moser Round Dining Table - Chairish, $1100
7. Tom Dixon Trace Table - ABC Carpet & Home, $2590
I like designer Sarah Stacey's playful mix of a classic wooden table with colorful modern chairs. The bold statement light fixture really defines the space.
Black chairs paired with a simple table create a warm, sophisticated and minimal feel.
You can try a matching wood table and chairs for a natural, organic feel. Or add a pop of color with multi-colored chairs. The Eames Molded Plastic Chair is a perennial favorite.
For a more classic look, I'd recommend you go with comfy, upholstered chairs. Placing a rug underneath the table will add an extra layer of character.